Freelance work has been around for the past 15 years or so. There are quite a few genuine and real websites where you can find hundreds of different jobs across hundreds of categories. Like business, Mobile app development, writing, virtual assistance, data entry, videos, animations, designs, website development, etc. Different skills for different jobs come handy at any time.
Millions of clients hire millions of experts across the world. You can earn from basic 30 US dollars to 250 US dollars and beyond. I will be highlighting about only 3 websites for now which I know will work for you, though mostly, I got work from one website only.
1. There are three online platforms where you can find freelance jobs that include Guru, Freelancer, and Upworks.
2. All the three websites have hourly and fixed-priced jobs. So, the pay varies accordingly. A fee is deducted with every project.
3. You will find various categories or niches where hundreds of jobs get posted regularly.
4. The payment methods vary for each of the websites. You can choose which suits you best and is easy for you to transact your money. Mostly, PayPal and Pioneer are chosen as they are global money transaction providers and used by many with convenience. Charges vary with each of them.
5. Best possible support is provided to the people whether the employer or the employee working on these platforms. You can reach support team through email and get help shortly or within a day.
6. Dispute resolution system is also present which resolves issues between the client and the employee working for a specific project. It depends on the nature of the complaint as well.
Since I remained associated with Freelancer, I am in a better position to provide as much information as I can.
1. Account: It is free to make an account at the website. But different plans are also present with certain features that are priced differently. You can choose and cancel any of them at any time. Select the currency like the US. Dollars or Indian Rupees, etc.
2. Profile: You will be required to make a profile where you need to add some details about yourself. They include summary (objective), picture, education, skills, publications, certifications, experience and samples of work,
3. Account Settings: Add your home address, payment method, identity verification, and email verification.
4. Bid Proposal: Before you apply for a job, you need to add a proposal for it. Now, the proposal is divided into four or five parts. You should add information accordingly. Then, click finish.
Tips and Tricks
1. Prepare yourself: Ask yourself whether you really are up for it. I mean, will you be comfortable doing freelance work or not.
2. Good Profile: A good profile is a key to your growth in freelance work. Having a real name and pic is vital. It will depict the real you and others will know your positive image. Avoid using chocolate, prince or other cartoon names.
You can take help from given examples;
Ahmed Ali 20
Ahmed Ali 2010
3. Applying for a job: Fill the bid proposal rightly. Do not bid too high or too low. Always place a bid which is a bit low and provide a reasonable deadline.
4. Be honest: Be honest when you get hired for a project. Answer the client’s questions truthfully and do not exaggerate your skills at all. Maintain communication with the client daily. Update the client if necessary every day.
5. Deadline: Suppose there is an emergency and there is a chance that your project gets delayed, then notify your employer. You can request extra time or a day to complete the task. It is possible your employer will agree with you. But do not delay work without a genuine reason at all.
6. Quality: Always work efficiently to provide quality work on time. When the project gets completed the client will give feedback and a rating. It is important to have a good rating and feedback as it helps to build a positive reputation that will is vital to attracting more clients in future.
7. Jobs and Time: Check for jobs on the daily basis. Different jobs get posted by seconds in different categories. Always bid on those for which you have the required skills to complete the projects. After placing a bid or bids, do not log off quickly. You should wait for half an hour to one hour at least. Chances are that the client will approach you for the project. It is also possible that you get hired within few minutes only.
8. Tests: Different tests are available and they are present for you to enhance your skills or to show your expertise for a particular skill. They have a fee like 5 dollars or so, and the time and nature of them is different. You can appear for many tests like Numeracy, English language (US), English Language ( UK), WordPress, Blogging, Java, etc. The proficiency in test or tests makes the chance of getting hired bigger too.
9. Fees and Charges: If you want to get more information about fees for projects, then you should visit the ‘fees and charges’ section that is present under the Help heading in your dashboard.
10. Contests: There is a contest page as well where different contests get posted from time to time. It is your choice to take part in them and that you can win some money too. You can upload your entry for free and wait for the contest to end. You will be notified about the winner within two weeks only. Suppose you win a contest, then some amount gets deducted and the rest gets credited to your account.
11. Withdrawal and Uploading of Money: As a first-timer and for the first project, you need to wait for a few days to withdraw your money to your bank account. You should ask the support team about such details through email OK.
It is important to note here that you cannot withdraw money less than 30 dollars in your account. You can upload amount in your account through a card or from your bank account.
Note; To know how each of the platforms works, and other related information, you should go to the respective websites and read in detail.